GOURMET INSIDER® recently held its first Virtual Town Hall: “Answering Urgent Questions About Rebounding From COVID.”
The Gourmet Insider virtual town hall featured a panel of independent gourmet kitchenware retailers that included Coryanne Ettiene, Ettiene Market, Dallas, TX; Dave West, Rolling Pin Kitchen Emporium, Brandon, FL; Chris Wiedemer, Cooks’ World, Rochester, NY; and Charles Nelson, Toque Blanche, Santa Cruz, CA; who shared their stories and guidance on managing the crisis and adapting for the recovery.
Sponsored by USA Pan, Las Vegas Market, Atlanta Market, Nordic Ware, Hestan Culinary, GelPro, Jura and Breville, the webinar was moderated by editor-at-large, Emily Cappiello, and managing editor, Lauren DeBellis.
This special Gourmet Insider Town Hall covered a range of topics, including financial assistance; shifting customer priorities and expectations; key market trends; creating digital shopping and marketing platforms; and optimizing vendor/retailer relations.
Highlights from the discussion include:
- The navigation of PPP (payment protection program) in which retailers offered tips from their own experience;
- The management of disruptions in the supply chain and how retailers have overcome or are planning to overcome these challenges;
- The pivot to e-commerce sales, including the management of website inventory, shipping and maintenance;
- The pathway to communication with vendors and vendor relationships during the pandemic;
- The use of social media as an outlet for retailers to stay connected with customers in real-time