GOURMET INSIDER® recently held its second Virtual Town Hall: “Lessons In Reopening & Progress.”
Moderated by editor-at-large, Emily Cappiello, and managing editor, Lauren DeBellis, this installment of the Gourmet Insider virtual town hall featured the following independent gourmet kitchenware retailers: Pam Gabriel, Sweet Gourmet, Tyler, Texas; Jimmy Hines, Cookshop Plus, West Hartford, CT; Sarah Nicholas, Ladles & Linens: Richmond, VA; and Brad and Karen Hughes, Artichoke, Cincinnati, OH.
The panelists shared their stories and lessons learned as they are developing and executing new best practices for operating, merchandising, marketing and serving customers safely and effectively in a post-virus marketplace.
Highlights from the discussion include:
- The biggest challenges faced when reopening if closed;
- The implementation of safety measures and customer reactions to them;
- Shifts in the supply chain and how to manage delays in product availability;
- The management of ever-changing customer expectations and demands;
- The importance of vendor relationships and communication;
- Top pandemic sellers and forecasting customer buying trends;
- Top lessons for moving forward or back amid the pandemic;