AmericasMart has readied 30 events and seminars, gourmet demonstrations, lounges and celebrations for the upcoming Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market, scheduled to be held July 9 to 15.
“The July Market programming is all about inspiration,” said Dorothy Belshaw, executive vp/chief marketing and digital officer for International Market Centers (IMC) which operates the market. “Whether it’s a new business venture, a new way to connect with customers or a new recipe to prepare for family and
friends, buyers will find it in Atlanta this summer.”
Shop the Show returns for its third season with a new group of design and lifestyle influencers who will shop the Market, present trend-focused seminars, meet buyers and share their experiences. This year, the program includes: Monika Hibbs, Landyn Hutchinson of Living with Landyn; Ashley Rose of Sugar & Cloth; and Anissa and Brian Zajac of House Seven Design + Build. The Shop the Show influencers share their expertise in a series of events throughout the market.
The market’s tastemaker programming will again highlight successful retailers, top lifestyle brand creators and inspiring interior designers, while business-building programming touches on new ventures, creating in-store experiences and developing a successful email marketing plan:
- “Stargazing: Retail’s Best & Brightest” features Home Accents Today’s Retail Stars past and present discussing how they are continuing to outshine the competition on Wednesday, July 10 at 2 p.m.
- Buyers learn how to enhance retail spaces, interiors and exteriors with floral design in “Flowering Your World: Using Blooms to Enhance Your Space,” a panel discussion lead by Margot Shaw of Flower Magazine on Thursday, July 11 at 10 a.m.
- Nora Fleming and her business partner/brother Jon Neidlinger discuss the secret to growing a brand steadily and deliberately, all while maintaining a commitment to family, their team and their customers in “Celebrate with nora fleming: Elevating Everyday Entertaining” on Friday, July 12 at 10 a.m.
- Traditional design icons Bunny Williams, Annie Selke and Mark D. Sikes discuss their timeless aesthetics in “A New Kind of Traditional” on Friday, July 12 at noon, followed by book signings in Codarus.
- Luxe Interiors + Design Southeast Homes Editor Kate Abney delves into the bravado and courage it takes to design fearlessly in a designer panel discussion “Audacious, Adventurous and Awe-Inspiring Design” with Michel Boyd, Michelle Workman and Justin Shaulis on Saturday, July 13 at 2 p.m.
- “How to Strategically and Successfully Add Home Staging to Your Design Business” teaches how home staging and design are similar yet different with a discussion of how the business works, success strategies and income potential on Tuesday, July 9 at 10 a.m.
- “Fair Trade – Setting a Legitimate Ethical Standard for Businesses” provides an overview of fair trade principles, code of practice, issues in the fair trade movement and the future direction of the overarching values of fair trade on Tuesday, July 9 at 2 p.m.
- “Boost Your On-Premise Sales With Events That Create an Experience” teaches how to create a shopping experience through intimate gatherings and large-scale events on Wednesday, July 10 at 10 a.m.
- “Email Marketing Strategy for All Phases of the Small Business Journey” covers the basics of email marketing with actionable tips to increase subscribers, improve click rates and optimize conversion metrics on Saturday, July 13 at 10 a.m.
The Fiesta Dinnerware Demonstration Kitchen will once again feature retailer tips and a demonstration from a Southern lifestyle expert. The “Kids in the Kitchen with Cooper” teaches how to bring customers in the door by branding as a family-friendly venue with a series of kid-friendly recipes. “Seersucker Social: Entertaining Tips, Cocktails and Recipes with the Author of Four Seasons of Entertaining: Shayla Copas,” the interior designer and tastemaker shares entertaining tips, cocktails and recipes as seen in her new book.
The Kitchen will also host the Cocktails and Conversations series featuring mixologists from local restaurants sharing favorite recipes and tips. Throughout the market buyers will enjoy a modern take on punches; Prohibition-era cocktails; cocktails with local ingredients and fresh produce; and travel-inspired modern cocktails.