NY Now delivered an enhanced experience with new events and programs, as well as a growing roster of brands that showcased their newest product introductions across a range of categories at the 2018 summer market held in New York City.
“From inspiring trend talks and book signings with leading influencers to an incredible roster of established and emerging brands, the market floor was buzzing with excitement,” said Randi Mohr, vp/Emerald Expositions and NY Now director. “We saw notable increases in both the number of retail stores and architects and interior designers attending. Buyers from the entire U.S. and 70 countries around the globe flocked to New York City to source what’s now and what’s next in home and lifestyle products.”
The market also featured a robust awards programs honoring product offerings from exhibitors. Highlights included:
- Best in Market Award. Recognized one standout product among ten separate section category winners of the “Best New Product” Awards. This summer the “Best in Market” Award was given to Stôn by Latondra for The Spiral Pulley.
- Best New Product Awards. Recognized products that stood out among hundreds of entries within each of the ten sections across the market.
- Best Exclusive Launch Award. Recognized one standout product that made its official debut exclusively at the summer market and was selected as part of the destination: new product display. The Rattan Back Pack from Borneo from The Winding Road was honored with this award.
- Eco Choice Awards. Selected from the sustainability: design for a better world display, these awards honored products with sustainable practices. This summer’s winners include Brackish, Acacia Creations and Lotus Love Beauty.
- Accent on Design Awards. Recognized design excellence, innovation and creativity among NY Now’s Accent on Design exhibitors, a juried collection of contemporary design brands.