The winners of the 2016 Dallas Gourmet Gold Awards were announced at a ceremony and cocktail reception held at The Culinary Stage on the first floor of the World Trade Center during the recent summer Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market.
According to the Dallas Market Center, entries were judged based on originality, taste and packaging.
Paula Deen was the guest presenter at the Gourmet Golds award ceremony. Below is a list of the winners:
- Best Baked: Key lime snaps Flathau’s Fine Foods by Flathau’s Fine Foods
- Best Beverage: Bentley’s Batch 5 Hot Barbecue Bloody Mary Mix by Bentley’s Batch 5
- Best Condiment I – Sweet:Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce by Uncle Bob’s Sauces LLC
- Best Condiment II – Savory:Maison Pebeyre Truffle Mayonnaise by The French Farm
- Best Fruit Confit: Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade by The French Farm
- Best Soup/Chili: Real Texas Chili by Bear Creek Smokehouse
- Best Chocolate Candy/Dessert: Chocolate Dipped Chili Pepper by Isabelly’s Chocolates and Sweet Treats
- Best Non-Chocolate Candy/Dessert: Applesauce Spice Cake by Aunt Bee’z Delicious Desserts
- Best Snack: Savory Saltine Seasoning by Savory Fine Foods
Prior to the awards ceremony, Deen made an appearance at the Jokari booth (180-D42) in the Gourmet Market. At the booth, Deen showcased the licensed line of high-end storage, organizational products and baking mixes that she recently launched with Jokari.