The Las Vegas Market, set for January 28 to February 1, 2018, will include a comprehensive schedule of more than 40 seminars and events.
Of the seminars, nine will address design, color and product trends. Also slated are six curated product tours and five industry-focused special events. Exclusive highlights include the market’s First Look and Best of the West in Life & Style trend forecasts, presentation of the 12th annual Design Icon award to internationally acclaimed architect and Pritzker Prize recipient Frank Gehry, the 13th edition of the Housewares Design Awards, presented by HomeWorld Business and hosted by Las Vegas Market, and the 2018 WOW Awards Dinner by WithIt, honoring women of excellence in the home and furnishings industry.
Other sessions include “Architecture & Design: A Hand in Hand Approach” on Monday, January 29, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m., featuring Christopher Mercier, founder of (fer) studio; Adam Sebastian, architect and designer at Stitch Design Shop; and Christopher Grubb, president of Arch-Interiors Design Group. For this panel discussion, the architects will explore architectural influences, trends and developments. Mercier will also present “Mid-Century and Modern Design: Designing for Today” an overview on how homes designed in the 1950s and 1960s relate to the homes of today. Grubb will present “Designing for Small Spaces is a Big Deal,” discussing market trends in furnishings and décor techniques that maximize the look and feel of smaller living spaces for all generations, Sunday, January 28, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Other events include:
- First Look, with Julie Smith Vincenti of Nine Muses Media, a review of market trends. Monday, January 29, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Vintage Style for Modern Living, with Cathy Robinson Hutton, owner of Houston’s Renovate, Matt White, owner of Recycling the Past, and moderators Katie Stavinoha and Lorie Woodward. Monday January 29, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Best of the West in Life & Style, with Audrey Woollen of Urbanic Paper Boutique, Olivia Korenberg and Jenn Pablo of Two Fold LA, editorial prop stylist and producer Heather Bullard, Ginny Macdonald, stylist and interior designer at Emily Henderson Design, and Kelly Nutt of Kelly Nutt Design as well as moderator Ryan Saghian of Ryan Saghian Interior Design. Monday, January 29 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pantone Presents: Inspiring and Expressing Color: Defining the Essential Color Trends for Home in 2018, featuring Patti Carpenter, Pantone Color Institute trend team contributor and global trend ambassador. Tuesday, January 30, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Taking Stock of Retail: Trends and Takeaways, with Michelle Lamb of The Trend Curve. Tuesday, January 30, 2 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Design Desires: What the Consumer Really Wants! with Angela Harris, founder, principal and creative director of TRIO Environments. Tuesday, January 30, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.