As July began, the International Housewares Association kicked off the year’s second half in New York with its annual Hot Housewares for the Holidays event. Exhibitors highlighted products that emphasized practicality, anticipating that consumers would favor gift-season purchases that simplify tasks or add value in the kitchen and beyond.
Suppliers exhibiting at the holiday preview included:
• ARG Manufacturing introduced the WonderPour, a dripless strainer or pourer that snaps onto pots or bowls.
• Bissell Homecare showcased its Perfect Sweep Turbo Cordless Rechargeable Sweeper, now available in gray, and Stomp ‘N Go, an oxy-based cleaning pad for carpets and furniture.
• Bodum USA presented its Bistro electric table grill, which features a double-sided grill/griddle cooking surface, the Bistro electric French Press coffee maker and Bistro stainless steel knives with color that extends to the blade.
• Bradshaw International introduced Profreshional Veggie Keepers, available in onion, tomato, bell pepper and garlic shapes. The company also featured its Good Cook brand with the Bake, Take & Serve cupcake carrier and server, the Pancake Creator and Touch Mini Bag Clips.
• Casabella introduced the Microegg, a microwaveable silicone egg cooker that is shaped for an egg sandwich, and Color It Clean tools, which include an Upright Sweep Set and an Extendable Microfiber Filament Duster.
• My Little Cupcake has introduced cone, heart and round shapes as it moved production of its no-bake Cake-Pop Mini Molds to the U.S. this year.
• Obol featured its Original Crispy Bowl, a partitioned bowl that separates milk and cereal to keep the cereal crispy.
• Roland Products showed its Bisbell lineup of magnetic cutlery storage, including colorful Bisbell MagMates and the wood Bisbell Pro.
• Swiss Gourmet USA featured Swiss Diamond cookware with a new HD coating technology.
• Trudeau covered the kitchen and entertaining with two marquee water bottles, the Herb Saver and Perfect Mix oil and vinegar bottles, the food-safe cotton Fuel Sandwich Wrap, wineglass Plate Clips, and the Cap Catcher Bottle Opener.
For more products exhibited at IHA’s Hot Housewares for the Holidays event, see HomeWorld’s July 25, issue, which also includes Hot for the Holidays, a mid-year report by the editors highlighting key trend and product developments, a Las Vegas Market preview, and the 12th annual Impact Merchants report, profiling today’s standout retailers as nominated by suppliers.