HTI Buying Group kicked off the 2019 International Home + Housewares Show with a member breakfast and vendor meet and greet. During the meeting, the buying group announced the winners of its annual “best of” awards.
Winners are as follows for the vendor segment, as voted by HTI members:
- Best in Product: OXO International
- Best in Customer Service: DreamFarm
- Best in Sales Force: Microplane (Grace Mfg.)
- Best in Marketing and Promotions: Zwilling J. A. Henckels
- Best in Shipping Fulfillment: OXO International
- Rising Star Vendor: Ankarsrum Original USA (BBI Wholesale) and Island Bamboo (Wilshire Industries)
Wüsthof (Trident of America) took home top honors as the group’s best overall vendor, a repeat performance for the manufacturer.
Retail winners were voted on by vendors, said HTI president KC Lapiana. Winners in the retail sector are as follows:
- Best in Buying: Chefs Corner Store
- Best in Merchandising: Rolling Pin
- Best in Marketing: Culinary Apple
- Rising Star Retailer: Cooks’ Emporium
And the 2019 Best Overall Retailer, according to HTI vendors, is Fargo, ND-based Creative Kitchen. According to the store’s website, it was established in 1976 and is the regional destination for home cooks, professional chefs, foodies, and more. Creative Kitchen also won the top award in 2017.