Several housewares items are included in Oprah Winfrey’s annual “Oprah’s Favorite Things 2015,” a collection of 87 holiday giftables that she says are “the most versatile and fun ever.”
The housewares items include:
• Made in USA Modern Sprout Garden Jar Three-Pack Herb Essentialls from modsprout.com. Featuring a self-watering hydroponic system that grows herbs, Oprah noted that “I love the idea of giving a set – my faves are basil, parsley, and mint.” Suggested retail price is $54.
• ED On Air Prelit Marquee Work with Rustic Metal Finish from QVC.com. Part of the Ellen Degeneres lifestyle collection for QVC, Oprah noted that the letters are retro metal marquee-styled with an uplifting message. Suggested retail price is $32.
• Jawbone UP3 from jawbone.com. Oprah calls this her favorite fitness tracker that automatically monitors everything from sleep patterns to heart rate to workouts and gives personalized advice based on your exercise and diet goals. Suggested retail price is $180.
• Skandia Talvi Knife Block Set from Hampton Forge. Oprah noted that this 13-piece set is sharp for its steel blades, and its go-with-everything white resin handles and a whitewashed rubberwood storage block. Suggested retail price is $150.
• Thomas Keller’s Ad Hoc Salt Cellar from Fitnessthestore.com. This three-tiered bamboo box is filled with some of Oprah’s favorite chef’s finishing salts. Suggested retail price is $49.
• T-fal OptiGrill from JCPenney.com. Oprah likens the grill to a smartphone, stating “even an amateur can get flawless results with this nonstick, dishwasher-safe device, which has a built-in sensor to adapt cooking time to the thickness of any meat.” It has a suggested retail price of $180.
• Vicki Sawyer Wild & Wooly Appetizer Plates from Paperproductsdesign.com. These plates feature a touch of whimsy with birds, goats and other animals wearing hats. They are dishwasher and microwave safe bone china. The plates have a suggested retail price of $45 for a set of four.
• Teavana Oprah Chai Tea Sets from Teavana.com. Featuring a mug designed by Oprah, this set comes with a matching stackable teapot and regular and caffeine-free versions of Teavana Oprah Chai Tea. It has a suggested retail price of $90.
• Stainless Steel Cookware Set from MadeClose.com. Oprah noted that while the pans may look like typical cookware, they are manufactured in Wisconsin and have a special technology that allows for healthy vapor cooking, which heats food faster and at lower temps, locks in flavor and nutrients, and eliminates the need for added oils or fats. The 360 cookware six-piece stainless steel has a suggested retail price of $449.
• Black Titanium Five-Piece Set and 20-Piece Set With Storage Tray from knork.net. These dishwasher-safe hand-forged flatware is called handsome and a great housewarming gift by Oprah. Suggested retail price is $60 for a five-piece, and $300 for a 20-piece set.
• Boxed Letterpressed Coasters from Hautepapier.com. Coasters are available in up to 30 different themes from “zoofari” to happy hour to holidays. Oprah picked these because they are made from recycled, extra-thick stock and are a distinctive hostess gift. Suggested retail price is $25 for a box of 100.
• Animal Shot Glass Holiday Collection from mollaspace.com. Oprah wrote that she loves these wild black and white ceramic shot glasses mounted with geometric versions of a tiger, a rhino, and a bear. She uses them cup-side up for shots, or flips them over to decorate a shelf. They have a suggested retail price of $80 for a set of five.
•Philips Avance Pastamaker from bedbathandbeyond.com. Oprah noted that this pastamaker mixes, kneads and cranks out dough in the shape of penne, fettuccine, spaghetti or lasagna; one pound in 15 minutes. It has a suggested retail price of $300.
• Golden Rabbit Enamelware Swirl Roasting Sets from goldenrabbit.com. Oprah is encouraging readers to pretty up their potlucks with these large steel and porcelain-enamel pans. Suggested retail price is $107.
• Creative Co-Op Stoneware Mini Bakers from Tuvaluhome.com. These mini stoneware crocks were selected because Oprah likes to use them at dinner parties so everyone can get their own little portion, she said. Suggested retail price is $32 for a set of four.
• Personalized Large Vertical and Round Cutting Boards from wordswithboards.com. Made of sustainable harvested American hardwoods, these boards can be loaded up with cheese and salamis, Oprah said. Suggested retail price is $159 each.
• Canteens from Corkcicle.com. Oprah said these may look like regular water bottles, but they are triple insulated to keep drinks cold for up to 25 hours and hot for up to 12. Suggested retail price is $20 to $33 each.
• Typhoon Vision Electronic Scales from amazon.com. These retro kitchen scales let usersmeasure dry and wet ingredients at a glance, and Oprah also said they look great on the counter. Suggested retail price is $65 each.
• Cheese Knife Set from amazon.com. These Coltellerie Berti Cheese Knives in Red Lucite are handmade in Italy and presented in a wooden box. The knives come engraved with the artist’s name. It has a suggested retail price of $425.
• Clarisonic Face Brush, special edition Keith Haring Mia 2 in Dance, Love and Pop from clarisonic.com. Oprah selected this tool because it not only works as a cleansing tool, but also is a collaboration between Clarisonic and the Keith Haring Foundation, which supports children’s education and AIDS-related organizations. Suggested retail price is $149 each.
• Nespresso VertuoLine Evoluo from nespresso.com. Oprah selected this product to satisfy both espresso people and pod people, she said. It has a suggested retail price of $199.
The full list is available on Oprah.com