Oprah has released the 2014 list of her “Favorite Things,” those products that Winfrey says are her favorite gifts to give and receive this year. The full list of 72 recommended products will be published in the December issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, and features a wide range of giftable items, from headphones to socks to local jams. And as in year’s past, housewares products are featured on the list.
Below is a compilation of several housewares products named to Oprah’s Favorite Things,. Covering most kitchenware categories, such as cutlery, cookware and small electrics, Oprah includes her reasons for selecting these items. Several items are offered at 10% to 20% off if purchased from the website recommended by the O.
- The French Bistro Coffee Mug By Canvas Home: “I’ve gone through many, many mugs, and I’ve finally found the One. This green earthenware cup is large enough to hold just the right amount of tea, but still fits comfortably in my hands.” A set of four mugs has a suggested retail price of $120.
- Sertodo Copper Tray and Mug Set: “Not like I need an excuse to enjoy a Moscow mule, but this tray and six-mug set, handmade in Mexico with hammered recycled copper, makes cocktail hour extra special.” Suggested retail price is $365.
- Nate Berkus at Target Dessert Plate Set: “Desserts get more decadent when you serve them on these gold-rimmed plates designed by my friend Nate Berkus. At $20 for a set of four, it’s a whole lot of style per dollar.”
- Teavana Tea Ritual Set: “This set has everything you need for teatime: a teamaker, two glasses (I lobbied hard to get the extra-large size exactly right!), and Teavana Oprah Chai tea. Well, almost everything— splash of almond milk not included.” Suggested retail price is $90.
- Le Creuset Baking Dishes: “I love anything by Le Creuset, and this enameled cast-iron French oven and the stoneware dishes (in my favorite shade of green) are no exception.” Suggested retail prices of Oprah’s suggested bakers range from $60 to $280.
- Lafco Complete Holiday Candle Collection: “I have Lafco candles all over my house, and I can’t wait to try these in wintry scents like Tree and Berry. Poured into handblown glass, the candles burn for 90 hours— long enough to flicker though the holidays.” Suggested retail price is $240 for a set of four candles.
- VertuoLine Single Serve Brewer and Espresso Maker: “You and your guests can now toggle between espresso and regular coffee. The latest Nespresso offering makes both (by recognizing the different-size coffee pods) and turns out a fragrant, flavorful cup in about 20 seconds.” The suggested retail price is $430.
- Waring Popcorn Maker With Melting Pot: “This 20-cup popper (which stirs automatically so the kernels don’t burn) has a melting station that warms butter, caramel or any other topping. My favorite is a blend of truffle oil, truffle butter and truffle salt.” Suggested retail price is $130.
- Hampton Forge 13-Piece Cutlery Block Set: “Here’s the very first thing I picked out for this year’s Favorite Things. With stainless steel blades coated in rose gold titanium and rich brown handles, this 13-piece knife set is too gorgeous to keep in a drawer. Luckily, it comes with a magnetic block to showcase the entire collection.” Suggested retail price is $130.
- Vitamix S30 Blender: “All the power of the original Vitamix blender (709-watt motor, stainless steel blades) in a size perfect for small batches of smoothies, soups and spreads. It comes with two processing containers, including a new 20-ounce size that converts to a travel cup- great for whipping up my favorite green juice to go.” Suggested retail price is $409.