This year, GOURMET INSIDER® put together a panel of four retailers who are scoping out new products at the International Home + Housewares Show 2018. These goods are ones that are fresh, have customer appeal and could help make a difference in business at their stores.
The group consists of Dan and Diana Saklad, owners, Whisk in Cary, NC; Mary Behrens, owner, Kitchen Outfitters in Crystal Lake, IL; Leah Daniels, owner, Hill’s Kitchen, Washington, D.C. and Holly Mangelsen, owner of Rochester, MN-based Cook’s Pantry and Siren, WI-based Acorn Pantry.
This is what they saw on Sunday, March 11 at IH+HS:
- Aroma Doveware: The Dutch ovens and stewpots are now available in a marble pattern. Versatile, the company said, the goods can go from the stovetop to the oven to the table. (S3608)
- Vesta Precision Sous Vide: The Vesta Precision sous vide puts the focus on ease of use, noted Dan Saklad. With several models, the line was designed to take the hesitation out of sous vide-style cooking and each product in the collection has highlighted features and benefits, depending on the needs of your customer. (L12162)
- Mason Cash In The Forest Series: New from Mason Cash is the In The Forest collection. The line is inspired by folk tales of the mid-19th century. The In the Forest range of mixing bowls are intricately embossed with forest scenes featuring forest animals. The range includes four nesting mixing bowls, the company said. (S2031)
- Full Circle snack bags: With an array of new designs, Full Circle’s snack bags are reusable and can be labeled with a dry erase marker and wiped clean. In addition, the company said, the goods are made from plant-based materials and are better for the environment. (S2269)
- Kuhn Rikon silicone scrubber: Retailers told Gourmet Insider several times throughout 2017 that the Kuhn Rikon silicone scrubber was a top-seller in their stores. The product now comes with a scraping side. (S901)