The Dallas Market Center has named the winners of the ninth annual Dallas Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards. The awards were given out during an awards ceremony and cocktail reception held in the World Trade Center during the summer 2018 edition of the Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market.
- Best Baked – cookies, cake, breads, mixes: Flathau’s peppermint snaps by Flathau’s Fine Foods
- Best Beverage: Skip’s Mix by Skip’s Mix
- Best Condiment I – sauces, rubs, seasonings: Daddy’s Seasonings Original Blend by Daddy’s Seasonings
- Best Condiment II – oils, vinegars, dressings: J Welch Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil by J Welch Farms
- Fruit Confit – jams, jellies, preserves, marmalades: Preserved Spicy Blood Orange by Isabelly’s Chocolates
- Best Soup/Chili: Shrimp Bisque by Ala Carte Alice
- Best Chocolate Candy/Dessert: Dark Chocolate Bourbon Cherry Cordial by Isabelly’s Chocolates
- Best Non-Chocolate Candy/Dessert: Aunt Bee’z Pecans N’ Bourbon Sauce by Aunt Bee’z and Uncle Steve’z
- Best Snack – dips, salsas, nuts: La Casita Hot Sauce Medium Original Recipe by La Casita Hot Sauce
- Best Healthy Lifestyle: Jammit! Jam Garlic Pepper Jelly by Jammit! Jam
Judging was based on originality, taste, and packaging. This year’s judges included Rob Wilson, co-owner and founding partner of Times Ten cellars in Dallas; chef Jose Sanchez, owner of Blue Agave Catering Company; and chef Jennifer Bonner, co-owner of EdiblEnvy Catering, Full Circle Tavern & FCTaverna.