As coronavirus has forced many into social distancing mode, the impact on small businesses has been anything but easy. Storeowners have had to rely on getting creative in order to not only make some sales during this time, but to also keep their brand top-of-mind.
According to Epicurious, to help support the independent gourmet housewares market, its team rounded up some of its favorite places across the country to shop — in particular, stores for kitchen goods and cookbooks — and the inventive new ways they’ve come up with to do business safely. Online shopping and curbside pick-up are two of the ways the editors noted consumers can support the independent channel.
The 10 stores that made the list include:
- Peppercorn, Boulder, CO
- Whisk, Brooklyn, NY (Take a store tour of its Manhattan location here.)
- Toiro, Los Angeles, CA
- Kitchen Kaboodle, Portland, OR
- Stock Culinary Goods, Providence, RI
- Ettiene Market, Dallas, TX (shown)
- The Cook’s Warehouse, Atlanta, GA (See a gallery of the store here.)
- Kitchen Collage, Des Moines, IA
- Salt & Sundry, Washington, DC
- The Kitchen Nashville, Nashville, TN (Take a virtual store tour here.)