The Dallas Market Center announced a call for entries for the 2018 Gourmet Gold food awards. The awards are set to take place at the summer edition of the Dallas Market Total Home + Gift Show, held from June 20 to June 26.
The Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards, sponsored by GOURMET INSIDER®, celebrates manufacturers in the gourmet products industry exhibiting at Dallas Market Center. With more than 1,000 product lines of gourmet food and accessories featured in the Gourmet Market in the World Trade Center, gourmet maintains a strong presence at Dallas Market Center, according to the market.
June 2018 Gourmet Gold Specialty Foods awards categories are:
• Best Baked – cookies, cake, breads, mixes
• Best Beverage – hot or cold
• Best Condiment I – sauces, rubs, seasonings
• Best Condiment II – oils, vinegars, dressings
• Fruit Confit – jams, jellies, preserves, marmalades
• Best Soup/Chili
• Best Chocolate Candy/Dessert
• Best Non-Chocolate Candy/Dessert
• Best Snack – dips, salsas, nuts
• Best Healthy Lifestyle – organic, gluten free, sugar free
Food entries are judged based on taste, originality, and packaging. Participation is limited to current Gourmet Market exhibitors or Temporary exhibitors for June Market.
Participants may enter in up to two categories. The entry fee is $50 per entry or two for $75. The deadline for entry is May 21, 2018. The first eight entries will be featured on the Shelf Talk page in the May/June edition of Gourmet Insider.
Judging will take place June 21 and winners will be revealed during an awards ceremony and cocktail reception on June 22 in the World Trade Center Atrium at 6 p.m.