Dallas Market Center has announced the winners of the second annual Dallas Gourmet Gold Housewares Awards, sponsored by Gourmet Insider magazine. The awards ceremony and cocktail reception took place at the Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market.
The winners are as follows:
- Best Barware: Vinglacé by Vinglacé
- Best Cookware/Bakeware: Dexas FlexLid Universal Pot Lid by Dexas International Ltd.
- Best Cutlery: Cangshan Carbonized Ashwood Magnetic Sheath by Cangshan Cutlery Company
- Best Kitchen Electrics: Jura J6 by Jura Inc.
- Best Kitchen Tools & Gadgets: Garlic Twister G4 by NexTrend
- Best Tabletop/Serveware: Personalized Lazy Susan by 8FD Designs
- Best Kitchen Textiles: Manhattan Apron by Aprons by Jem
- Best Beverageware: Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Bottle by Zoku, LLC
- Best in Class: Dexas FlexLid Universal Pot Lid by Dexas International Ltd.
According to the Dallas Market Center, judging for these awards was based on innovation, user-friendliness and visual appeal. This year’s judges included Dotty Griffith, the former Dallas Morning News restaurant critic, cookbook author, and expert on Texas culinary traditions and innovations; Jeffrey Kollinger, culinary entrepreneur serving as the CEO of Innovative Hospitality Group (IHG), CEO of The Spice of Life Catering, and owner of the venerable Tillman’s Roadhouse in Dallas’ Bishop Arts District; and Jim White, founder of Savor Dallas, author, radio host, and business owner.