These are shortcuts to your favorite social networking and bookmark sites. Add this story to your Facebook page, del.icio.us, DiggIt, and many others!
The Extra Ingredient in Greensboro, NC will celebrate its 25th year in business this month with events planned throughout the month.
Founded in 1985, Art and Martha Nading opened a small Gourmet Kitchen Store at Friendly Shopping Center in Greensboro, NC. In the 1990s, the Nadings moved their store to a new location in the shopping center and today their store is over 3600 square feet. Over the years they have built a successful business by focusing on a product mix that includes top-of-the-line kitchenware brands, local products and an array of fun and unique specialty items.
Today, the store has expanded beyond kitchenware to include dinnerware lines and Italian pottery. They have also developed an ever-growing wedding and gift registry.
The Extra Ingredient continues to focus on the local Triad, North Carolina market and is very active with community projects. One local Greensboro project that they have been involved with recently has been The Edible Schoolyard at the Greensboro Children's Museum. The Extra Ingredient sought support from a group of Kitchenware Companies to equip this beautiful kitchen that will help teach future generations the joy of cooking.
To celebrate their 25th year of business, The Extra Ingredient has planned the following events in the month of October:
• October 9 th- Wusthof Cutlery Knife Sharpening
• October 16th- All Clad Cookware demonstration
• October 23rd- Le Creuset, the maker of French Cast Iron cookware, will sponsor door prizes and giveaways along with tastings and product specials.
• October 26th- Sara Moulton, Food Editor for ABC's "Good Morning America" will give a book signing, and a cooking class at The Edible Schoolyard.
• October 30th- A Final Celebration will be held in the store with hourly drawings, special buys, food tastings and product giveaways throughout the day.
"We wish to thank the Greensboro community and all of the customers who have helped support our local business over the years. Without you none of this would have been possible and we are forever grateful," said Art & Martha Nading.
Villeroy & Boch’s La Classica Contura features a design inspired by the domes and rotundas of Europe. The collection boasts strong lines with architectural undertones. It is made from dishwasher and microwave-safe bone porcelain.