These are shortcuts to your favorite social networking and bookmark sites. Add this story to your Facebook page, del.icio.us, DiggIt, and many others!
The Cook’s Warehouse has released its Fall 2010 class schedule. From “Knife Skills 101 Hands On” to advanced classes with local chefs, there are 125 classes from which to choose. Cook’s Warehouse will also host a record number of cookbook authors for classes and signings, including:
• Sara Moulton, Everyday Family Dinners
• Shirley Corriher, award-winning author of Bakewise and Cookwise as well as the consultant to Midstate Mills for its Tenda-Bake line of flours
• Pam Anderson, Perfect One-Dish Dinners: All You Need for Easy Get-Togethers
• Kim O’Donnel, The Meat Lovers Meatless Cookbook, Vegetarian Recipes Carnivores Will Devour
• Deborah Krasner, Good Meat: The Complete Guide to Sourcing and Cooking Sustainable Meat
• Nancie McDermott, Quick and Easy Thai: 70 Everyday Recipes, Southern Cakes, and southern pies
• Lauren Chattman, Cookie Swap!
• Susan Nicholson, 7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies
• George Geary, The Complete Baking Cookbook
• And the store's own Nancy Waldeck, Taste and Savor: Delicious Healthy Recipes and Tasty Wine Tips
Well-known local chefs, including Patric Bell of West Egg Café; Atlanta’s own food chemist Shirley Corriher; and Ray Overton will be leading the classes. Sara Moulton will be back for one special night, and new local instructors include Elisa Gambino, Mark Milliron, Maggie Meroney (wine classes) and former AJC tabletop blogger Meridith Ford Goldman will also be leading classes.
Students will be able to choose from Italian, French, “Southern,” Thai, Tuscan, Asian, vegetarian, New Orleans, Spanish and seafood cuisines. Also available are lessons in a variety of subject-oriented courses from Big Green Egg (grilling), risotto, pasta-bilities and tapas to Dandy Doughnuts!, biscuits, soup-chili-chowder-stew, two-for-one family dinners and Whoopie Pies, among others.
Holiday offerings include classes for gingerbread houses, cupcakes, entertaining, herbal gifts, holiday homemade breads, Thai turkey and stress-free holiday entertaining. Technique classes, such as canning-preserving and “putting up,” homemade baby food, roasting and braising, fondant, and cooking with wine will also be part of the schedule.
For the younger set, classes include Halloween for ages 6 to 9, pastry for ages 10 to 17 and school lunches for ages 6 to 9.
Villeroy & Boch’s La Classica Contura features a design inspired by the domes and rotundas of Europe. The collection boasts strong lines with architectural undertones. It is made from dishwasher and microwave-safe bone porcelain.